The process to change your sign-in information depends on the type of account or portal you have.
For an IRCC secure account
You have to create a new account and link your applications to it. You won’t lose any messages or updates related to applications you already submitted.
To set up your new account:
- Create a new account
- From your new account’s home page, choose “Add (link) your application to your account.”
- Answer the questions about your application.
- For the section, “Applicant’s personal information,” enter in the information as it appeared on the passport or travel document you used when you submitted your application. This may be different than your current passport or travel document.
You can try to link an application 5 times. If it doesn’t work after 5 tries, you’ll be locked out for 24 hours.
If you were working on an application that you didn’t submit
You need to restart it in your new account.
For an Authorized Representative Portal account
You need to enroll in the portal again.
- Create a new account using a new Sign-In Partner or GCKey.
- From the portal welcome page, under the section “What would you like to do today?” select “Authorized Paid Representative Enrolment Application”
- When asked if you’ve previously enrolled as an Authorized Paid Representative select “Yes.”
- Continue enrolling following the steps in our enrolment guide.
For all other portals
You need to request a PIN to regain access to your account.
To request a new PIN:
- Send an email to the team responsible for your portal.
- Employer Portal: IRCC.EmployerPortal-Portailemployeur.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- DLI Portal: IRCC.IPGDLIlist-ListeEEDOPI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- Provinces and Territories Portal: IRCC.IPGFPTEWG-EWGGTEOPI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- Public Health Authority Portal: IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- Partner Portal – PT Validation: IRCC.IRMValidationPortal-PortaildevalidationGRI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- Partner Portal – VACs: IRCC.INVAC-CRDVRI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
- In your email, include:
- the first and last name of the primary user who first enrolled in the portal
- the reason you need a new PIN
- When you get your PIN, re-enroll using your portals’ enrolment guide.