The Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) provides the following coverages:
- basic health-care services (such as doctor visits, hospital care, lab tests),
- supplemental services (such as limited vision care, urgent dental care),
- prescription drug coverage (medications and products), and
- in some cases, one Immigration Medical Exam (IME).
The IFHP doesn’t cover services or products that you can claim under other insurance plans, such as:
- provincial or territorial health care, or
- private insurance plans.