Under this program, sponsorship agreement holders work with us to provide additional settlement support to government-assisted refugees with special needs.
Joint Assistance Sponsorship refugees receive help under the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) such as:
- services at the port of entry,
- assistance with arrival procedures, and
- onward flight and other transportation arrangements.
Joint Assistance Sponsorship refugees also receive income support from the Government of Canada for up to 24 months, depending on their circumstances.
We provide income support for:
- clothing, and
- essential household goods.
They are also matched with a private sponsoring group who will provide:
- help adjusting to life in Canada,
- significant settlement assistance, and
- emotional support.
See joint assistance sponsorship for details.